BHI Hospitality Minority Scholarship
Black Hospitality Initiative of Greater Miami (BHI) founded in 1991, previously know as Visitor Industry Human Resource Development Council (VIC).
However, BHI hospitality is a non-profit 501© 3 organization founded the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau (GMCVB). The organisation aim at advancing economic participation and open doors of opportunity for African Americans and Blacks of African descent in the Greater Miami Visitor Industry.
The scholarship is for hospitality students. However, It is open to the following students:
- Must have been given admitting as a degree-seeking student at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- High School Graduate
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or above
- Miami Dade County Resident For Two Years
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of black or African-American heritage
- Strong Work / Volunteer Experience in the Visitor Industry and Commitment to Work in Miami-Dade County’s Visitor Industry For Two Years Following Graduation
- Preference will be given to students with a focus on Hospitality Management, Beverage Management, Culinary Management, Event Management, Hotel/Lodging Management, Restaurant/Foodservice Management, Travel & Tourism Management.
- Make sure your essay touches on the following (200 Word Essay outlining your academic and career goals for the next 12 months).
Meanwhile, If selected as a recipient for this scholarship, please note the following:
- Student will submite a “Thank You Letter, and a brief biography via Academic Works before award disbursing time.
- However, Students should meet with the CSHTM Career Services Office before disbursement, if awarded.
- Lastly, Students can make an appointment through Handshake. Appointments are with the CSHTM Career Services Office.
Amount to Award : Varies
Chaplin School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Why I chose hospitality/tourism as a career
Please upload a current resume that provides educational and professional background information
Have you been a Dade Country Resident for at least 2 years?
Expected graduation date (month and year)
Did you submit a FAFSA application?
Show 1 more